hover animation preload

Covergirl Lashblast volume blasting mascara review
by Char in




When the Maybelline sales girl recommended this CoverGirl mascara, I knew I had to get it. The Covergirl Lashblash volume blasting mascara, also known as the Lashblast in the fat orange tube, is pure awesomeness in a tube. Fat orange tube, that it.

I have this mascara in very black, non-waterproof formula.

The bristles of the applicator impressed me as soon as I opened the product. They are big fat rubbery spikes. I wasn’t sure how that was going to work separating my lashes, but it does give me incredible lash separation. I have other mascaras that are very clumpy, and when I use them I apply this Lashblast mascara over it to separate them and it adds instant boom to my lashes. I wouldn’t say it does a lot to lengthen my lashes, but it does add some length as opposed to no mascara at all.

The wand is big but it allows you to apply mascara comfortable to your inner lashes. One thing I don’t like much about the wand is that the tip is completely flat with no bristles, and right after you take the wand out of the tube there is almost always like a chunk of mascara just stuck there on the flat tip. I usually just clean it up against the border of the tube, because if I don’t it can result in that chunk of mascara sticking somewhere to your face. Not pretty at all!

This mascara doesn’t clump, and it doesn’t make my lash tips touch and mess up the skin above of my eye, like some other mascaras I’ve used have done. The consistency of this product is rather creamy so it doesn’t run; it goes on clean and easily, plus it dries in a reasonable amount of time. I love the staying power of this formula. I can wear it all day long with no smearing or smudging, so it doesn’t give me raccoon eyes at all! Even if I touch my eyes, I won’t get product all over my fingers or smudged around. At the end of the day my lashes still look great, not flaky or brittle at all.

To remove it I use makeup remover wipes from Walgreens (no fancy makeup remover here!) and it comes off just fine. Now, have in mind this is the regular formula, not the waterproof. I’ve only heard amazing raves about the waterproof version though! According to CoverGirl’s claims, the formula is hypoallergenic and suitable for contact lens wearers, which is always a plus since I don’t want my mascara to mess around with my contacts!

The famous orange tube is very cute but not very practical, since it’s a bit too big, so it’s hard to fit into my makeup bag which is not that big and is already stuffed with other makeup that I must carry around everyday.

Overall I think this is a wonderful mascara, possibly one of the best ones I’ve used. I totally recommend it if you want fuller-looking lashes in one easy step.

Have you tried this product? Let me know in the comments what you think about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails