hover animation preload

Maybelline New York Cover Stick Corrector Concealer Review
by Char in




I found out about this concealer thanks to a friend of my sister’s. I was so impressed with it that I went the next day to the drugstore to see if I could find it. I was so excited I did!

So as the name implies, this concealer comes in a stick, kind of like a lipstick. I started using it as my everyday concealer about two months ago and I still have product left. The consistency is rather creamy, although not as creamy as it could be since it does tug on your skin a bit when you apply it right off the stick. There are other ways to apply it, of course, if you don’t want to tug and pull your skin.

As Maybelline promises, it does cover up blemishes incredibly. It is a solid, matte, opaque coverage that hides what you want to hide. I tried blending it with a concealer brush but that wasn’t a good idea because heavy-cream consistency makes it hard to blend with a brush without streaking. So my favorite method to apply this concealer is with my fingers. Once it’s blended out it makes your skin look smooth and natural; it doesn’t leave behind any weird texture that makes it look like there’s something there. We’re trying to conceal things, not bring attention to them, right?

I have acne scars on my cheeks and with this concealer I can cover them up nicely. In fact, my makeup routine for my face every morning for a while was: this concealer, pressed powder and blush. Nothing more. Oh, did I mention it’s waterproof? Well, it is. I don’t know how that affects the staying power of it. After a long day this concealer does wear off, go away, or somehow else leaves my face because I can start seeing hints of my scars again. If you use it as an under-eye concealer, it can crease, but it doesn’t do it all the time. At least not on me. I’ve seen creasing like two or three times.

As much as I generally loved using this product, I stopped using it recently because I’ve been breaking out more often since I use it. I can’t tell for sure, but maybe it’s the mineral oil it contains, because my skin is very acne prone and breaks out even more often when I use products with mineral oil.

In general, I really like this concealer and I would recommend it to people who don’t have acne-prone skin. Was this review helpful? Have you tried this product? Let me know what you think in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails