hover animation preload

M.A.C. Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack Review and Swatches
by Char in




A couple weeks ago I went to the M.A.C. store to buy a specific foundation, but the M.A.C. artist who attended me offered to do my makeup. Who was I to say no? So he removed my makeup and did it all over. I was actually very pleased with the results and fell in-love with every single one of the products he used on my face. But the one thing that he used that I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it, the one thing that did BOOM to my look was…. the mascara!

I couldn’t believe how huge and black this mascara made my lashes look! I’ve only heard bad things about M.A.C. mascara. All those negative reviews I’ve read about it were the first thing that came to my mind. But it was hard to resist when it’s right there making your eyelashes look fabulous! So I told him I was definitely taking that mascara. And I did. It was reasonably priced at $13, which is even comparable to the price of some drugstore mascara.

The applicator looks… ordinary. Usually when I review mascara I take a good look at and comment about the applicator. But this one doesn’t have anything particularly special. I like that it is small enough to be able to get the lashes over the inner corner of my eyes, plus it allows for a clean application on my lower lashes. The tube is sleek and beautiful, typical of M.A.C.; it is also small enough to fit comfortably in my stuffed makeup bag.

I got it in “zoomblack” and I have to say it has very rich pigmentation so it really is the blackest black. The bristles don’t do a lot for separation but you can achieve good separation by going over the parts that you think need to be separated. I’ve read reviews from people saying it clumps, but this isn’t the case for me at all. It is very manageable and easy to apply and get it to look exactly as you want it to look. You can do a light application or you can build it up for a more dramatic look. This mascara does add lenght to my lashes, and I mean it, a lot of noticeable lenght.

My eye with no makeup at all:


Photobucket


And with Zoom Lash mascara:

Photobucket
I only have two minor complaints about this mascara. First, it doesn’t dry very fast. While it doesn’t take an eternity to dry, it does take a bit more time than other mascaras I’ve used. I kinda like that it gives me time to get it to look how I want before it dries, but the downside, at least in my case, is that it lengthens my lashes so much, that when it is still wet, my tip of my lashes stain the skin above my eye with mascara. You know, it leaves like little dots where each lash touched the skin. So I have to be cleaning that up. The other thing I don’t particularly love about this mascara is the smell. It doesn’t smell bad, it just smells weird. And this weird smell is a strong smell. Of course it goes away soon after you apply mascara and it dries.

This mascara lasts on my eyes all day without ever smudging. I am a compulsive eye-toucher and guess what? No raccoon eyes. It doesn’t make eyelashes brittle or flaky. It just gives your lashes that flawless black, long, sleek look. In general really love this mascara. I especially recommend this mascara if you are mainly looking for a way to add lenght to your lashes. And I think I will be repurchasing this after I run out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails