hover animation preload

Review: Almay Smart Shade Concealer
by Char in

I bought Almay Smart Shade Concealer out of pure curiosity. I mean, it claims to turn into your matching shade after you put it on. Could it be? You have to admit this sounds definitely cool. Truth is, I wasn’t impressed with this concealer at all. Why? Well, because it doesn’t conceal anything. Wherever on my face I would put it, it would go on gray, and then as I blend it in it changes, going through different shades of color, and ultimately, it goes on gray on my skin. My skin has yellow undertones, there is not gray in it and gray concealer looks plain ugly and out of place. Other than that, it basically just sits there being sheer and letting all your imperfections see through. I tried this concealer as an under eye concealer, as a scar/blemish concealer, as a redness concealer… nothing. It does nothing for my face. I tried applying it with my fingers and I tried applying it with a concealer brush and I get similar results.

It comes in a little squeezy tube with 0.37 fluid ounces. It has SPF 15 so that’s good, right? I was about $8 at Wal-Mart. It might not be a total lost case, and I’m sure it could work for someone who has very little to cover up, and happens to have a skin tone that the concealer can match.

Overall, I’m disappointed with it and I don’t have any use for it so I will throw it away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails